- Don’t add process until you feel the pain of not having it.
- Don’t build new technology until you feel the pain of not having it.
- First make it possible. Then, make it beautiful. Then, make it fast.
Growing from 2 people to 3 people.
Other interesting points from the presentation:
Over-engineering = Attempting to create beautiful software without a thorough understanding of the problem domain.
Premature optimization = Optimizing before creating “beautiful” design, creating unnecessary complexity.
Refactoring and reducing technical debt = Garbage collection for the code base.
- W needs to be refactored
- X deploy should be faster
- Y needs more unit tests
- Z needs more documentation
The presentation is available here.