The Ship Show: Demystifying DevOps - A Chat with Damon Edwards
Starting today, DZone is proud to syndicate The Ship Show, a twice-monthly podcast on everything from build engineering to DevOps to release management.
For episode 15, we sit down for a chat with the host of The DevOps Cafe, Damon Edwards to talk through the finer points of DevOps. We ask some pointed questions in an attempt to get a good, concrete definition of “DevOps,” but without the hype that often comes prepackaged with the discussion. Watch Paul put Damon through the “curmudgeon gauntlet” as we attempt:Demystifying DevOps: A Chat with Damon Edwards
- 0:45 – News & Views
- 8:20 – Main Segment: Demystifying DevOps: A Chat with Damon Edwards
- 15:22 – The RunDeck project
- 16:10 – DevOps Cafe’s episode with Jeffery Snover
- 44:00 – “Worked fine in dev…”
- 49:14 – Wheaton’s Law
- 1:06:36 – The International Workshop on Release Engineering
- 1:21:30 – Damon answers The Ship Show’s take on the Proust Questionnaire
- 1:24:22 – DevOps Cafe podcast
- 1:24:30 – dev2ops.org
- 1:24:44 – Damon on Twitter
- 1:25:10 – Book Review
Design Is A Job by Mike Monteiro.
Get it from A Book Apart.
Join the discussion!
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)