The Ship Show: ChefConf 2013 Revue
It’s that time of year again where chefs (and sous-chefs!) come together to talk all-things Chef! This year’s ChefConf took place last week in San Francisco, and the crew of the Ship Show attended to experience it all first hand. We took in the sights and sounds of the workshops and presentations, as well as the all-important hallway track! We join forces with the cast of Chef community’s premier podcast, the Food Fight Show—”Where chefs do battle!”—for a:ChefConf 2013 Revue
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka@buildscientist, Sascha Bates, aka @sascha_d, and Seth Thomas, aka@cheeseplus, plus the last couple of weeks in News & Views and some conference word games!
- 0:53 – News & Views
- 0:55 – Mark Burgess asks “Is DevOps the Future of Sysadmin?
- 5:53 – Alan Kay said “the disdain for history is what makes computing not-quite-a-field,” in an interview with Dr. Dobbs.
- 6:12 – Patrick Dubois starts documenting how to stop the fork.
- 12:52 – ACLU asks the FTC to force vendors to patch their customers’ Android devices
- 14:24 – “iOS 6 bricked my iPhone 4S“
- 16:29 – Main Segment: ChefConf 2013 Revue with the cast of The Food Fight Show
- 18:52 – GE powering the Industrial Internet
- 19:16 – Cycle Computing talks about using Chef and the cloud to cure diseases and do hard science.
- 21:15 – Adam Jacob’s conference keynote
- 22:56 – First day of ChefConf 2013 keynotes are posted on the Opscode YouTube channel
- 34:00 – “The Facebook Talk“
- 48:20 – Just enough Ruby for Chef
- 49:10 – Learnchef.com
- 54:25 – Jamie Winsor on The Berkshelf Way
- 1:02:11 – ChefConf Word Associations
Roaming ChefConf Word Association Game
We asked a number of ChefConf attendees to blurt out the first word that came into their head when prompted by a number of words relevant to our industry.
See what they had to say!
Did you attend ChefConf? Watch the live stream? Or look at the videos posted online?
What do you think 2013 has for Chef and its community?
Join the discussion!
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)