Published at DZone with permission of Moshe Kaplan, author and DZone MVB. (source)
Once in a while it is worthwhile to take care of your database and verify it can provide the needed resources for your system.
After all, most of the data may be stored in it...
Some Tasks I would Recommend You to Do
that this work may not be done manually, but can be automated. If you do
so, you may be contribute it back to the community at your favorite
open source project:
- Run MySQLTuner and look for issues.
- Take care of fragmented tables:
- You can find them using SHOW TABLE STATUS WHERE Data_free > 0\G and take care of them using OPTIMIZE TABLE table_name;
- Or you can use mysqlfragfinder script for that.
- Verify RAM, disk and CPU utilization
- Check the slow log query
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)