Hadoop Development Tools by Karmasphere
We talk a bit about their existing Community Edition (support Netbeans & Eclipse)
- For developing, debugging and deploying Hadoop Jobs
- Desktop MapReduce Prototyping
- GUI to manipulate clusters, file systems and jobs
- Easy deployment to any Hadoop version, any distribution in any cloud
- Works through firewalls
As well as the new products they have launched:
The Karmasphere Client is a cross platform library for ensuring MapReduce jobs can work from any desktop environment to any Hadoop cluster in any enterprise data network. By isolating the Big Data professional and version of Hadoop, Karmasphere Client simplifies the process of switching between data centers and the cloud and enables Hadoop jobs to be independent of the version of the underlying cluster.
Unlike the standard Hadoop client , Karmasphere Client works from Microsoft Windows as well as Linux and MacOS, and works through SSH-based firewalls. Karmasphere Client provides a cloud-independent environment that makes it easy and predictable to maintain a business operation reliant on Hadoop.
- Ensures Hadoop distribution and version independence
- Works from Windows (unlike Hadoop Client)
- Supports any cloud environment: public, private or public cloud service.
- Job portability
- Operating system portability
- Firewall hopping
- Fault tolerant API
- Synchronous and Asynchronous API
- Clean Object Oriented Design
- Making it easy and predictable to maintain a business operation reliant on Hadoop
Karmasphere Studio Professional Edition
Karmasphere Studio Professional Edition includes all the functionality of the Community Edition, plus a range of deeper functionality required to simplify the developer’s task of making a MapReduce job robust, efficient and production-ready.
For a MapReduce job to be robust, its functioning on the cluster has to be well understood in terms of time, processing, and storage requirements, as well as in terms of its behavior when implemented within well-defined “bounds.” Karmasphere Studio Professional Edition incorporates the tools and a predefined set of rules that make it easy for the developer to understand how his or her job is performing on the cluster and where there is room for improvement.
- Enhanced cluster visualization and debugging
- Execution diagnostics
- Job performance timelines
- Job charting
- Job profiling
- Job Export
- For easy production deployment
Karmasphere Studio Analyst Edition
- SQL interface for ad hoc analysis
- Karmasphere Application Framework + Hive + GUI =
- No cluster changes
- Works over proxies and firewalls
- Integrated Hadoop monitoring Interactive syntax checking
- Detailed diagnostics
- Enhanced schema browser
- Full JDBC4 compliance
- Multi-threaded & concurrent
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)