Hadoop Console: Simplified Hadoop for the Enterprise
We are pleased to announce the latest release in our string of Big Data announcements: the WANdisco Hadoop Console (WHC.) WHC is a plug-and-play solution that makes it easy for enterprises to deploy, monitor and manage their Hadoop implementations, without the need for expert HBase or HDFS knowledge.
This innovative Big Data solution offers enterprise users:
- An S3-enabled HDFS option for securely migrating from Amazon’s public cloud to a private in-house cloud
- An intuitive UI that makes it easy to install, monitor and manage Hadoop clusters
- Full support for Amazon S3 features (metadata tagging, data object versioning, snapshots, etc.)
- The option to implement WHC in either a virtual or physical server environment.
- Improved server efficiency
- Full support for HBase
“WANdisco is addressing important issues with this product including the need to simplify Hadoop implementation and management as well as public to private cloud migration,” said John Webster, senior partner at storage research firm Evaluator Group. “Enterprises that may have been on the fence about bringing their cloud applications private can now do so in a way that addresses concerns about both data security and costs.”
More information about WHC is available from the WANdisco Hadoop Console product page. Interested parties can also download our Big Data whitepapers anddatasheets, or request a free trial of WHC. Professional support for our Big Data solutions is also available.
This latest Big Data announcement follows the launch of our WANdisco Distro, the world’s first production-ready version of Apache Hadoop 2.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)