December Cloud Links from Pie in the Sky
It's been crazy this week, trying to get everything done before people disappear for vacation. Here's some early December links for your weekend reading:
- Pkgcloud: A node.js library that abstracts away the differences between cloud platforms. For example, computing offerings across cloud providers.
- AWS SDK for Node.js (Developer preview): Amazon has released an Amazon Web Services SDK for Node.js developers.
- Callbacks considered a smell: A couple of ways to refactor nested callbacks into something better.
- Hystrix - Defend you app: "Hystrix evolved out of resilience engineering work that the Netflix API team began in 2011...In a distributed environment, failure of any given service is inevitable. Hystrix is a library designed to control the interactions between these distributed services providing greater latency and fault tolerance."
- Getting your Pig to eat ASV blobs in Windows Azure HDInsight: Denny Lee show how to get Pig scripts to access files stored in Azure Blob Storage through the command line prompt.
- MS Open Tech Contributes Support for Windows ETW and Perf Counters to Node.js: "Last week, working closely with the Node.js core team, we [MS Open Tech] checked into the open source Node.js master branch the code to add support for ETW and Performance Counters on Windows."
- Creating up to 50 free Windows Azure Web Sites in a single subscription: "You are now allowed to run 10 free web sites per sub region. Since Windows Azure Web Sites (Preview) is available in 5 regions this means you can create up to 50 free Web Sites."
- Announcing Reduced Pricing for Windows Azure Storage: "Today we are happy to announce another price reduction for Windows Azure Storage by as much as 28%, effective on December 12th. This follows our March 8th 2012 reduction of 12% furthering our commitment to best overall value in the industry."
- Windows Azure Authentication module for Drupal using WS-Federation: "At Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc., we’re happy to share the news that Single Sign-on of Drupal Web sites hosted on Windows Azure with Windows Live IDs and / or Google IDs is now available."
- iOS Support with Windows Azure Mobile Services – now with Push Notifications: "Today I'm excited to announce a number of improvement to our iOS SDK and, most significantly, our new support for Push Notifications via APNS (Apple Push Notification Services)."
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)