In this week’s news, we find out how Facebook approaches release engineering, how Evernote solves its Big Data problem, and what trends lie in store for 2013.
- The DevOps Zone discovers how Facebook pushes twice daily to over 1 billion users.
- Evernote reveals how it serves billions of API requests generated by its online application.
- Akamai explains why it’s time to pay attention to situational performance measurement.
- Steve Souders tells you what’s driving the web performance conversation right now. Elsewhere, he argues that performance metrics should capture render time.
- Strangeloop unveils 12 bold predictions affecting web performance in 2013.
- 24 Ways insists that responsive design and high performance shouldn’t be mutually exclusive.
- Stephen Pierzchala identifies three strategic questions for online businesses in 2013.
- Addy Osmani gives a tutorial on how to improve performance with Chrome DevTools.
- Stoyan Stefanov shows what Facebook has done to make the “Like” button faster.