Apache CouchDB: Introduction and Installation
- This is another database on "NOSQL" concept.
- NOSQL's are schema less database.
- The data is stored in a JSON format.
- It supports distributed configuration .
- Couch DB supports replication of data across distributed platform, It has many framework for this supporting master replication, slave replication, filtered replication, incremental/bidirectional replication.
- "Erlang" is a language to customize these feature to deliver new solutions.
- Couch Db can be downloaded from the link :-
- After the installation server start menu,
- The Server start up screen,
- The utils are installed in,
- verify installation,
- Creating a new database "student". The database name should be in small letter.
- After creating the "student" db , the browser will look like,
- Now time to create a document in the table, these documents are similar like rows in relational database. A new Document can be created by clicking "New Document" link.Then it will create a unique id for this document.
- Now Save the document,
- Documents can be created using source tab , where we can modify the java script code to build a document.It provides a editor to manipulate the JSON document.
- Four documents are created similarly for type of student ,
- Now "student" db is listed with other system databases,
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)